Sunday 6 February 2011

Eearthquake! No wait, its just a fat kid

I logged into my Facebook page yesterday night to find myself bombarded with updates about an earthquake. I had once more not felt it occur. The first thought that came into my head was "Oh my Librarian (see below Encyclopedia Librarica), I wonder if everyone's alright." but of course that’s bullshit. I would be very happy if somebody was trapped under rubble and I could go point and laugh. (Yes I'm an evil little boy. No the first thought that came into my mind was "How many of these people actually felt a tremor?" I find the phenomenon of people copying what other people do intriguing. It gives me the impression that other people are mindless slaves that do not understand the concept of individuality. It makes me feel special and reinforces my line of thought that most people are idiots.

But back to the earthquake, there were a few things that surprised me. One: That we have seismographs in the country. Two: That we know how to turn them on. But the third thing was how our “experts” determined that the tremor posted a 6.4 on the Richter Scale. The Haiti earthquake was 7 right? So that must mean that 6.4 should at least knock down a few buildings. Take away work from hard working demolition crews?

The last time there was an earthquake, a street vendor told me (pointing at a really fat girl on the street) : Bhai, kalke bhumikompo hoise na? Oije oi maiya poira gesilo. (Translation: Brother, you know the earthquake yesterday? It happened because she fell.) I was a bit stunned that some guy on the street comes to random strangers and insults fat people but I took one more look at the girl and collapsed laughing. This has led me to believe that the same girl could be the root of the problem once more. If you have any earthquake stories, comment below.


That Guy

P.S Elsewhere....








No comments:

Post a Comment